To schedule a lesson, please visit Miss Heather’s Magical Music
Piano, Violin, Viola Lessons: Rates and Policy
I teach both individual and group lessons in piano, violin and viola. both individual and group, out of my home studio in Highland Park (Los Angeles), CA. I have a Master’s in viola composition/performance from California Institute of the Arts. I have taught individual and group lessons, both privately and at the elementary through high school level, for ten years. I teach various styles of music, from classical to improvisation, as well as composition, from beginning to intermediate/advanced levels. I believe in establishing and maintaining a healthy technique, connecting with the body and also with the music. Each student is unique, and lessons are catered to the abilities and goals of the student. I have an infectious love for music that I pass along to my students. Topics covered, depending on student needs, include:
Improvisation/Playing by ear
How to warm up for the viola or piano
How to practice your instrument
Working on and Developing Repertoire
How to support your young musician (for parents)
Please contact me if you have questions and are interested in taking lessons.
(For individual lessons only. Contact me for semi-private rates.)
60 minutes $85
45 minutes $75
30 minutes $70
• Children under 7 who want to study violin or viola are strongly encouraged to divide the hour between that instrument and piano.
• I can come to student’s home on Wed evenings, Thursdays, Friday evenings.
• Lessons are at my house on Mondays and Tuesdays.
1. Payment––Payment for the month’s lessons must be received before or at the beginning of the first lesson of the month. No exceptions will be made to this policy. I accept cash, check, or Paypal.
2. Cancellations––Upcoming lessons must be cancelled or rescheduled no later than 24 hours ahead of time. A lesson that is cancelled without sufficient notice will be designated as “missed” and will be charged as a full lesson. A make-up lesson may be offered in some circumstances, at my discretion. No exceptions will be made to this policy.
3. Teacher cancellations––I may cancel a lesson with 24 hours’ notice. The student may opt to receive a make-up lesson or cancel altogether. Lessons cancelled with sufficient notice will be credited to the following month. On the rare occasion that I must cancel a lesson with less than 24 hours’ notice, the student will receive an additional lesson’s credit for the following month.
4. Billing rate––Student billing rates may be adjusted at any time with one month’s notice. All rate adjustments will be published in writing for reference.
5. Starting time––Lessons will begin and end on time. I will wait 10 minutes if the student is late. Lessons that begin late will still end at the scheduled ending time.