To schedule a lesson, please visit Miss Heather’s Magical Music
Piano, Violin, Viola Lessons: Rates and Policy
I teach both individual and group lessons in piano, violin and viola. both individual and group, out of my home studio in Highland Park (Los Angeles), CA. I have a Master’s in viola composition/performance from California Institute of the Arts. I have taught individual and group lessons, both privately and at the elementary through high school level, for ten years. I teach various styles of music, from classical to improvisation, as well as composition, from beginning to intermediate/advanced levels. I believe in establishing and maintaining a healthy technique, connecting with the body and also with the music. Each student is unique, and lessons are catered to the abilities and goals of the student. I have an infectious love for music that I pass along to my students. Topics covered, depending on student needs, include:
Improvisation/Playing by ear
Games for making up your own music
How to warm up before practicing
How to practice your instrument
How to support your young musician
(For individual lessons only. Contact me for semi-private rates.)
60 minutes $85
45 minutes $75
30 minutes $70
• Children under 7 who want to study violin or viola are encouraged to divide the hour between that instrument and piano.
• Usually, I can come to student’s home on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Lessons take place at my house on Mondays and Tuesdays. Any changes in this are reflected in the scheduling website at Miss Heather’s Magical Music.
1. Payment––Payment for the month’s lessons must be received before or at the first lesson of the month. No exceptions will be made to this policy. I accept cash, check, or Paypal.
2. Scheduling lessons–All lessons must be scheduled via Miss Heather’s Magical Music scheduling website. This website will send both teacher and student an email confirmation of the lesson time and place. Please keep this email as it contains the link necessary to cancel or reschedule lessons.
3. Cancellations and rescheduling lessons––
• A) Upcoming lessons must be cancelled or re-scheduled via the scheduling website, Miss Heather’s Magical Music. Please keep the original email notice of your lesson time, as the link to cancel or reschedule the lesson is within that email. Once a lesson is cancelled or rescheduled, the website will send both student and teacher a notice of the change.
• B) Upcoming lessons must be cancelled or rescheduled no later than 24 hours before the original lesson time. A lesson that is cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will be designated as “missed” and will be charged as a full lesson.
• C) If the student is a minor, I ask that only a parent or legal guardian schedule and/or cancel lessons.
4. Make-up Lessons–If a student (or in case of minors, the parent or legal guardian of the student) cancels a lesson prior to 24 hours before the lesson, and has pre-paid for that month, we will find a make-up time for that lesson within the same month. All make-up lessons must take place within the same month as the original lesson was scheduled.
5. Teacher cancellations––If I ever need to cancel a lesson, I will do my best to do so with 24 hours’ notice. If student has pre-paid for that lesson, we will reschedule a make-up lesson within that same month. All make-up lessons must take place within the same month as the original lesson was scheduled.
6. Billing rate––Student billing rates may be adjusted at any time with one month’s notice. All rates are published on this website for reference.
7. Starting time––Lessons will begin and end on time. I will wait 10 minutes if the student is late. Lessons that begin late will still end at the scheduled ending time. If student’s lesson takes place at my house, it would be much appreciated if the student would knock at the time of the lesson, not before, unless we have arranged for a different arrival time prior to the day of the lesson.