• This beautiful little record that I wrote string trio arrangements for and played on is available for pre-order now thru Drag City Records. Congrats Cory Hanson! Brooklyn Vegan review here.
• Listen to a couple preview tracks from new Marshweed solo record No. 2. are on the bandcamp page (click on “Marshweed” to go there)! This incarnation of Marshweed is me, and whomever I am working with at the moment, in this case the irreplaceable Clay Chaplin. Also with help from some very talented friends…..
• LA READERS CHORUS performed “Wedding; Funeral” (words Shawn Lockie, music/arr Heather Lockie) at Automata, Nov 2015.
• Earlier this year video artist Jordan Biren asked me to make a series of scores for performance pieces. The two images to the left are different graphics representing the music for his text piece “Letter,” and to the right is music for “Walk.” (see larger images in “Paintings/Scores”)
•New release out now! • Three Thirds welcomes to the world its first release of original folk and pop tunes called “Oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh!”, covering subjects like “origins of bringing water to Los Angeles” (Owens Valley), “our favorite freeway” (The Five), and “that one hijacker who got away” (DB Cooper). Exciting stuff! I wrote two songs on this and am quite happy about the whole cd.
Released Mar 2015. Click on cover art to listen or order.
• New release out now! Three Thirds is this awesome, quite original folk band I play in. This is a compilation of Woody Guthrie songs that we re-arranged to suit our weird polyrhythmic and noisy needs. Click on cover art to listen or order.
• Three Thirds’ latest video to Heather’s song “Ballad of the Bird & Worm.” We got to make pasta! Edited by Katherine Dohan.
• Sept 2015: My new scheduling website for teaching is up! It is https://missheather.acuityscheduling.com/.
Here’s some photos we took after the last Winter Music Gathering (…”winter”). They are actually quite hard working despite what it might look like in the photos :)